Monday, October 15, 2018

THATCHER AND JOSH


“I was never pregnant.




[Mahlena wrote this drabble (i.e. 100-word short story). Tell a Friend! 🙆🏾]



“It's only been a few years.”

“Too long. We used to see each other every day.”




July 2018


“In college.” Thatcher buttered her waffle. “Are you going to the reunion in October?”

“I’ll give it another 15 years.” Josh stirred his cocoa. “We could’ve had a 15-year-old by now. Ever think about that?”

“I was never pregnant. My period came the next week.”

“That’s right! Why have I remembered it differently?”

“It was my uterus? You have three other children? You’re old?”

“And that’s why we broke up.”

“We weren’t a couple.”

“Still hurt.” He pilfered a waffle piece.

“Still friends?”

“Unquestionably.”



FIN


[Are YOU still friends with your ex?
Did you read the whole story? Congratulations! 
Tell a Friend.🙆🏾]



Become a Patron!


4 comments: