Domesticity

 



“Do you know what I am doing today?”



“Unpacking one of our small boxes in this massive apartment?”


At the table in their new kitchen’s breakfast nook, Jean chomped one of the pancakes that he had made a stack of for Truly’s first day at work. “Nothing. Absolutely nothing.”


“Doubtful.”


“Fine, I am a failure at sitting still, but between cooking gourmet meals, I am determined to enjoy my brief respite.”


“Brief? You have three months before school starts,” Truly reminded her husband.


“Before I start teaching school. Not before I start learning. Tomorrow, I’m going to my first improv class since university.” 


Truly smirked behind her glass of juice. “When will I be forced to sit through the first student showcase?”


“You are supposed to support my dreams!” Jean laughed.


“I love your dreams, and you are the best improver who ever improved. It is usually the other people on stage who–”


“Would you rather I stayed home for a quarter of the year and actually did nothing? Maybe all four quarters?”


“Where is this coming from?”


Pensive, Jean glanced around their unfamiliar home with little of them in it. “I do not know. But I need to find out.”


Comments

Popular Posts