Location

 


“I thought you wanted to work in Capital City.”


“Do you want to live in Capital City?”



“I want to live with you, Truly. Wherever you are is my home, whether it is in Capital City, or this Rose of Sharon outfit. Is it the money?”


“Jean, it is the recognition of my value. More perks, more benefits. A salary and yearly bonus both 50 percent greater than my next highest offer.”


“Which came from the one here in Lincoln-Cheyney.”


“Which I don’t… my blood isn’t blue enough to stay here.”


“And mine is?”


“Rose of Sharon is more–”


“Familiar? Since we went to university there?”


“Down to earth.”


“Literally, since the state is full of farms. How does a consulting company set up shop in the middle of a corn field? Who are their best clients? The carrots or the potatoes?”


“So, Jean, your vote is No?”


“Truly. I can get a job wherever there is a school with students who want to learn how to Yes, and. My vote is for you. What would make you happy?”


“I don’t want to make the wrong decision.”


“Whatever you decide, it doesn’t have to be forever, right?”



Comments

Popular Posts