Thursday, November 15, 2018

CAPPIE AND NINA


“Saxby accused me of not wanting to raise my granddaughter 
because I was ashamed of my Blackness.”




[Mahlena wrote this drabble (i.e. 100-word short story)! Tell a Friend.🙆🏾]



“Do you have any… Black friends?”

“Besides you?”




August 2018

“Thank you!” Cappie exclaimed, seated at the outdoor bistro table. “Saxby accused me of not wanting to raise my granddaughter because I was ashamed of my Blackness.”

Nina unfolded her napkin. “He knows how to play the game.”

“Soccer?”

“You.”

“I am more involved with my Filipino community.”

“How involved is Saxby with his daughter?”

Nina.”

“He quit college to go pro, got engaged, fathered a child, but he’s questioning your decisions?”

“You raised your grandson.”

“His 16-year-old mother asked us to. Saxby’s 22.”

“Point taken.”

“It’s your decision.”

Cappie grumbled, “Thanks.”



FIN


[Who are your Black friends (besides Mahlena)?
Did you read the whole story? Congratulations! 
Tell a Friend. 🙆🏾]



Become a Patron!


No comments:

Post a Comment