Wednesday, January 23, 2019

NOA, ANTONIO, LOCATION, AND PROXIMITY




“What are you doing here?”

“Buying groceries.” 




Saturday, January 17, 2015


Antonio replied to Noa’s beleaguered plea.

Morrow laughed. “I think Noa meant what are you doing in Naboombu. Don’t you live in Lake Elmo?”

“I’m here on a mission,” Sasha explained. “With the Homestead capital moving to our community, Mia appointed me liaison to this community. I have to learn everything about this place in three months. Antonio is helping me move in.”

“Good husband,” Morrow said.

“Three months?” Noa repeated, rocking the twins in their stroller.

“Then I return to Australia,” Sasha said. “Antonio will keep the home fires burning until my deployment is over.”

Noa attempted to regulate her inhales and exhales.

Antonio examined the list of ingredients on a box of Bran Flakes.

“We’ve only been here for six months,” Morrow told Sasha, “but we can tell you everything we know. Come to dinner at our place tonight?”

“Definitely!” Sasha turned to her checked-out spouse. “Are you okay?”

Antonio shook himself into focus. “Dinner. Good.”

“Six o’clock okay?” Morrow asked his wife.

Noa nodded. “The children eat early.”

“We eat whenever.” Sasha was delighted. “I’m so happy you’re here!”

Noa glanced at Antonio, who was trying no to stare.

“Likewise.”


FIN


No comments:

Post a Comment