Wednesday, March 13, 2019

NOA, ANTONIO, AND SIMILAR TASTES




“It’s pink.”

“With brown trim. Long lasting.”




Saturday, February 14, 2015


“In theory, I would get a lot of usage out of that.”

“I wanted my gift to say, ‘I have time for you.’”

In the dark bedroom, Noa cocked her head at the phone. “So you got us the same gift.”

“It’s a baller move,” Antonio answered on the video chat from his Lake Elmo apartment. “Easy way to keep track of what I give all my ladies.”

Noa checked that the door was locked. “How many ladies are you juggling?”

“There's not enough energy for the two I have.”

“You don’t have me.  I only got a picture of a watch. Sasha has the real thing.”

“Would you like it sent to your home, for Morrow to find, or to your office, for your coworkers to find?”

“Touché.”

Pleased with his logic, Antonio asked, “Where’s my gift?”

“What do you want?”

“What do you got?”

Noa grinned. “What do you need?”

“Noa?” A sleep voice called from the hall. “Are you back?”

Antonio whispered, “Is that--”

Noa shut off the phone and unlocked the door for Morrow. “Happy Valentine’s Day.”


FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment